Parks & Recreation Commission
- 6:00 p.m.
- 4th Thursday monthly (as posted in the Agenda Center), except May, September, November and December 2019.
- Kennewick City Hall
210 W 6th Ave
Kennewick, WA 99338
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes.
- Ken Hahn, Chairman (term expires 3/31/2023)
- Robert Van Slycke (term expires 3/31/2020)
- Dean Aeling (term expires 3/31/2021)
- Jack Anderson (term expires 3/31/2020)
- Robb Heston (term expires 3/31/2023)
- Vacancy (term expires 3/31/2021)
- Linda Britain (term expires 3/31/2022)
- Bill McKay, City Council Liaison
The Parks and Recreation Commission is a seven-member body that works with the City of Kennewick's Parks and Recreation Department to provide citizen input into the City's recreational and parkland needs.
The City's Parks and Recreation Department is charged with the responsibility of maintaining and developing the 646 acres of City owned parkland, 602 acres of which are developed, and administering the various recreational programs. City sponsored recreational programs include but are not limited to adult and/or youth activities in aerobics, basketball, softball and tumbling as well as co-sponsored activities with the Kennewick Community Center and other local groups.
The responsibilities of the Commission include:
- Advising and making recommendations to the City Council for the management, control, improvements and beautification of all City parkland.
- Periodically review whether the land that is being used for park purposes is adequate and recommending to the City Council when necessary, what additional land and grounds should be required for park purposes.
- Study and appraise recreational needs for the City, and make quarterly reports to the City Council as to the effectiveness of the recreation program and make suggestions for the improvement thereof.
- Make recommendations to the City Council for the establishment of needed recreational programs and facilities.